German Society for Telemedicine
About us: Mission
- Our basic mission is to develop and to use healthcare in general and telemedicine and e-health in particular as an economic growth factor for Germany.
- The German states have the potential to become the innovative and performing centers of healthcare economy, health sciences and healthcare delivery in Germany and in Europe.
- DGTelemed will identify, create and advertise the fundamental prerequisites for the application and the advancement of telemedicine.
- Better orientation of universities, research institutions and IT-companies to the needs of healthcare economy and healthcare delivery
- More intensive use of telemedicine and e-health in order to network hospitals, clinics, physicians and homecare in the field of diagnostics and therapy as well as in the use of medical IT in hospitals